Once your eEdge Custom Page is set up for your mobile app, you can quickly direct people to the page in email conversations, in your email signature, and even market the page in Craigslist ads. You'll never have to spend half an hour walking every client through the process—the instructions are all on the page!
eEdge Control Panel > myMarketing [+] button > Manage eEdge Website > Website Tab > Custom Page
- Open the file containing the eEdge Custom Page HTML at the link below.
KW Mobile App eEdge Custom Page HTML.rtf
- Replace the green text with your own KW Mobile App Agent Code.
Do not modify the red text unless you really know what you're doing.
Your Agent Code is found in Manage eAgentC Website Section 4.5.
- Select all of the HTML code and copy it.
Select All = CTRL+A
Copy = CTRL+C
- Switch to your eEdge Custom Page editor window.
- Type KW Mobile App in the Select Your Custom Page Name field.
- Click the red Change button.
- Click the blue HTML button in the eEdge Custom Page editor.
This will open a new window specifically for entering HTML code only.
- Paste the HTML code into the eEdge Custom Page HTML editor.
Paste = CTRL+V. Do not paste the HTML code into the WYSIWYG editor window. It is not meant for HTML code.
- Click the green Update button.
- Click the red Save button.
Your new KW Mobile App Custom Page is ready to view! Navigate to your eEdge website's Custom Page (now called KW Mobile App) to see it.
NOTE: There is no way to "auto-brand" the KW Mobile App by embedding your Agent Code in the app download or in a link to the app. A client will always have to copy & paste or type your Agent Code into the app after installing.
ALSO NOTE: The YouTube video included in the HTML code will appear correctly when viewing on a computer, but it will not appear when viewing on an iPhone/iPad device. eEdge Custom Pages only allow for old YouTube embed code, and iOS devices will not display a YouTube video using old embed code.