The first step is to create the Greatschools.org HTML code for your eEdge website...
- Go to the Greatschools widget customization page.
- In the Location section, enter a zipcode, city, or address that you want the map to center on.
- In the Widget Size section, select Custom, and enter 600 in both the Width and Height fields.
- Use the zoom slider to select a Zoom Level that you want to showcase.
You may want to zoom in to a fairly specific area so that the amount of schools isn't overwhelming. You can add multiple widgets that focus on different locations on a single web page.
- Choose your Widget Colors.
White is recommended for Background and Borders, and red is recommended for Text.
- Enter your Email Address.
Your widget code will be sent to your email address, but you can copy it from the text box that will appear below.
- Check the I Agree... box.
- Click the Create Widget Code button.
A large text box full of HTML code will appear.
- Right-click the HTML code that appears.
- Select Copy from the right-click menu.
Now that you've copied the HTML code, you'll need to add it to your eEdge website's Local page...
- Navigate to the School Info section of your eEdge website administration area in myKW.
mykw.kw.com ► myMarketing [+] button ► Manage eEdge Website ► Website tab ► School Info
- Click the Source Code button <> in the WYSIWIG editor.
- Place your cursor at the beginning of the HTML code, and add 3 or 4 line breaks by pressing Enter.
This step isn't really necessary, but it will help you to make sure that you're not pasting in between other HTML code and possibly breaking something.
- Right-click at the top of the blank area where you started adding line breaks, and select Paste from the right-click menu.
You can also press CTRL+V on a PC (or COMMAND+V on a Mac) to paste the code.
- Click the blue OK button.
- Click the red Save button.
Your Greatschools.org widget should now display on your eEdge website's Local page. Navigate to that page to check it out!